When you’re planning a karaoke party, there are a lot of details to take into consideration, such as setting up the audio, lighting, stage, and more. Karaoke parties can be small gatherings of friends or large parties like corporate events or reunions. Read these tips to help you plan your next karaoke party.
- Get an experienced DJ to run the event. Organization can be difficult without a DJ, and some revelers will just want to stay onstage all night. A DJ will play songs in the order they are requested and keep things running smoothly. He will also make sure that the sound quality is at its best.
- Purchase a karaoke package that includes lighting. This way, the DJ can change the mood of the lighting with the songs, which helps to inspire people get up, sing, and even dance.
- Have plenty of food and beverages available for guests to enjoy when they aren’t singing karaoke. Have hors d’ oeuvres catered for the party, or get snack machines like a margarita mixer, popcorn machine, or chocolate fountain.
- Ask the DJ how many songs he has available. A good DJ will have a large variety of songs and will be able to tell you which songs he has in his library. If you don’t remember the name of the song or the artist but want to sing it, he should be able to find it for you.
- Consider getting a photo booth rental in addition to your karaoke package for guests to take pictures together when they aren’t singing. You could also hire an event photographer to capture the fun onstage.
If you are planning a sweet sixteen party, corporate party or other special event, contact us at Total Entertainment. Our full-service party planning and rental company offers photo booth rentals, casino night equipment, moonwalk rentals, professional entertainers and DJs, and other party accessories to help you create a very successful party or event. Give us a call at (978)-767-8371 or visit our website for more information about our services.